Consultant Spotlight: Chervonna Cannaday
Meet our Delivery Center Functional Consultant, Chervonna Cannaday!
1. Hometown: Washington, DC
2. Alma Mater: University of Maryland Global Campus
3. Favorite things to do outside of the office: I enjoy watching documentaries, attending concerts, reading mystery novels, & wine tasting.
4. How has your background impacted your experience as a consultant? Previously, I worked on the client side of HR for a large hospitality company as well as a government agency. Now that I have joined the consulting industry, the experience of working closely beside various leaders has significantly helped shape my perspective on what clients are looking to get out of their HCM system.
5. What’s a typical workday like for you? Meeting with clients to gather project requirements, Oracle HCM system configuration, configuration documentation, exploring customized options for clients to review based on their requirements, creating examples/mock-ups, and troubleshooting.
6. As part of a team that works 100% virtually, what technology or collaboration tools do you use to make your work life easier? SmartSheet and OneNote are lifesavers when it comes to tracking daily tasks, peer collaboration, and note-taking.
7. What motivates you to wake up and go to work every day? I try my best to constantly strive to become a better version of myself. Consistently learning new things and being better than I was yesterday is my biggest motivation.
8. What kind of work have you been doing? Recently, I have been working on Reporting Dashboards for hiring leaders, managers, and company executives to review talent, performance, employee metrics, and other essential data to enhance accessibility for their various daily tasks.
9. Where do you see the benefits? The reports and dashboards have been configured and customized to reflect the data which is specific to the client’s need. They can view various graphs representing the overall data and drill down to review the detailed data quickly. They can also export any of the data in their desired format if needed. This saves a great deal of time for busy leaders who need quick access to their employee data.
10. What’s your process? When working to implement a solution for a client, we always begin by gathering initial requirements. We discuss their system needs as well as any optional features that would be nice to have. After requirements are gathered, we investigate all system capabilities and educate and familiarize ourselves on any recent system updates and features we may not have been familiar with. We also collaborate with any internal resources who may have already implemented similar features for previous clients. After, we begin configuring the first version of the client’s request and walk through it with them. After documenting any further requirement changes or additions, we work with the client through several rounds of system testing to ensure all features are working properly and every requirement has been accounted for. Once testing rounds have been completed and signed off on, we implement our new designs in their production environment and do one last round of testing to confirm everything is working as it should. Once migration is completed and signed off on, we offer a few more weeks of continued support if needed. Our goal is to ensure all parties are fully comfortable with all features of their implementation.
By Chase Raines