Consultant Spotlight: Joy Hanneman
1. Hometown: Green Bay, WI
2. Alma Mater: University of Wisconsin – Green Bay
3. Favorite things to do outside of the office: Attend NBA and WNBA games! I love live sports of all kinds and try to get to basketball, baseball, football and soccer matches when I can.
4. How has your background impacted your experience as a consultant? I came from the business side and previously was an HRIS Analyst for companies in the transportation and industrial tool industry. I was on a project team for an EBS On Prem to HCM Cloud Implementation. After meeting with consultants on that project, it was something I thought I would like to do in future when I was ready.
5. What’s a typical workday like for you? I like to catch up on emails in the AM and any service request updates. After that, I prep for any upcoming meetings on the day and usually have customer working sessions multiple times a week. There is a lot of collaboration and camaraderie in my day as I interact with both clients and colleagues.
6. As part of a team that works 100% virtually, what technology or collaboration tools do you use to make your work life easier? I definitely use my phone as a secondary work device. It’s a great tool to stay up to date and allow fast and quick communication.
7. What motivates you to wake up and go to work every day? I am a person who loves learning. The nature of Oracle HCM is an ever expanding software with new features released quarterly and innovations always around the corner. My exposure to these aspects of the software are so far and beyond what they were when I was an analyst. Becoming a consultant really jump started my ability to get more comprehensive in my understanding of the system.
8. What kind of work have you been doing? I helped implement a performance plan for one of our customers recently, also have worked on an OTBI Dashboard for recruiting analytics, designed new approval flow rules and began working with the new Oracle Guided Learning module.
9. Where do you see the benefits? I try to keep my expertise fresh in multiple areas so having exposure to it on the regular really helps keep me sharp and improve my skills.